East Bay Traditional Jazz Society
Educate our youth,
Introduce this genre of JAZZ to our local communities,
Provide opportunities for musicians of all ages to learn/play traditional JAZZ
Provide more opportunities for listeners/dancers to enjoy our American Treasure.
* Dixieland/traditional Jazz is America’s own music with it’s own storied history.
* Our non-profit organization (East Bay Traditional JazzSociety) has been successful over the last 12 years. Through our festival fundraisers we have accomplished several youth jazz programs:
- Spring School Jazz Fest – Coordinated with local school calendars – (2001 through 2014)
- Scholarships to jazz camp (over $38,745.00 in 14 years/63 youth musicians)
- In-school jazz presentations – if your elementary school would like us to present Dixieland Jazz to your group – please contact us; The Society will pay 1/2 of the presentation.
- Community youth jazz band (The Jazzinators began in the fall of 2004)
- Our Annual Youth Dixieland Festival (scheduled for last Saturday in January) began January of 2007.
We have learned that when we bring OKOM (Our Kind Of Music) to where people congregate, it not only benefits the community, but also our student musicians.
Might you be interested and/or team up with our society?
Important contact numbers/addresses