EBTJS maintains a fund to grant scholarships to young musicians in the east bay area who want to study Dixieland jazz.
To qualify for these scholarships, a young musician must:
1. be able to read music and understand nomenclature,
2. know and understand their instrument of choice (this include maintenance and cleaning),
3. attend a minimum of 80% of rehearsal and performances (out of a possible 100 points),
4. select a jazz camp of their choice (usually Sacramento Jazz Camp, Sly Park),
5. After attending the camp, each student will commit to one more year of Jazzinator performance/rehearsal.
We have now spent $41,535 on scholarships to jazz camps.Student musicians who work with us can use their playing/performance time for community service hours toward graduation.
For more information, contact John Soulis, (510) 657-0243, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply